Matcha is a green tea produced from shade grown tea leaves and milled into a fine powder. It has a smooth, refreshing, slightly sweet flavor with a vibrant green color and silky texture.
Our Organic Matcha Tea is a culinary grade matcha. It makes a delicious tea, and is often used in cooking and baking.
Matcha tastes delicious as an iced tea, the traditional hot tea, and makes wonderful green tea lattes and matcha smoothies. Its enhanced flavor profile pairs perfectly with other flavors, and it is a versatile ingredient commonly used in a variety of sweets and baked good recipes, including ice cream, pies, mousse, cupcakes, shortbread cookies, and pancakes.
Traditional instructions for preparation:
Daily serving size: 4 oz tea.
- Warm the matcha bowl by adding hot water. After a minute, discard water and dry bowl thoroughly.
- Rinse bamboo whisk to keep tea powder from sticking.
- Using a traditional bamboo spoon, add 1.5-1.75 spoonfuls of powder (1 regular tsp) per 4 oz serving
- Add approximately 4 oz of hot water (175-180 deg F). Do not use boiling water.
- Mix briskly with bamboo whisk until all lumps are removed and tea is smooth and creamy with a fine foam on top. Drink and enjoy!
Contemporary instructions for preparation:
Daily serving size: 6 oz tea. Use 1 tsp. of matcha per 6 oz of water.
- Pour hot water (175-180 deg. F) over tea. Do not use boiling water.
- Steep 2-4 minutes.
- Strain and serve immediately.